Have you heard of Great Wolf Lodge yet? If you live in Anaheim or Garden Grove, you may have seen all the dust and construction going on and wondered what the deal was. Great Wolf Lodge is North America's largest family of indoor water park resorts. Great Wolf Lodge is a first-class, full service, year-round destination resort. It is so much more than a water park, it is a place where families can make life-time memories.
Opening in February 2016, Great Wolf Lodges Garden Grove, CA is their 13th indoor water park resort. What can you expect?
- Family Suite – Sleeps up to 6 guests. The Family Suite features two queen beds and a full sofa sleeper.
- Double Queen Suite – Sleeps up to 4 guests. The Double Queen Suite features two queen beds.
- Wolf Den Suite® – Sleeps up to 6 guests. The Wolf Den features a queen bed, full sofa sleeper and a themed Wolf Den, complete with a set of bunk beds.
- KidCabin® Suite – Sleeps up to 7 guests. The KidCabin suite features a queen bed, full sofa sleeper and a Great Wolf Kids-themed KidCabin complete with bunk beds and a twin bed.
- Grizzly Bear Suite – Sleeps up to 8 guests. The Grizzly Bear Suite features two private bedrooms, one with a private master bedroom with a king bed and full bathroom and a second bedroom with two queen beds.The main area includes a full sleeper sofa and a second bathroom.
- Great Wolf Lodge Southern Califormia's 105,000 square foot indoor water park is exclusive to resort guests.
- Fort Mackenzie® – Multi-level tree house water fort that combines suspension bridges, treetop slides, swinging cargo nets and spray stations. The park’s signature tipping bucket dumps one thousand gallons of water every four minutes.
- Totem Towers – Five three-story body slides attached to Fort Mackenzie.
- Wolf Tail™ – 360-degree thrill ride with a vertical plunge through a trapdoor into an enclosed tunnel.
- Howlin’ Tornado™ – Six-story funnel slide.
- River Canyon Run™ – A 476 foot long family raft ride.
- Alberta Falls® – Two four-story enclosed tube slides.
- Coyote Cannon – Pipe-style spiral flume ride with a 40’ drop.
- Mountain Edge Raceway® – Four-story water slide with body surfing mat allows riders to race one another as they slide down the hills.
- Whooping Hollow – Kiddie slides exclusively for guests under 48” tall.
- Slap Tail Pond® – Gigantic wave pool complete with waves reaching up to three feet in height as they roll through every five minutes.
- Chinook Cove – Water playground for children of all ages featuring basketball and floating obstacles.
- Big Foot Pass – Unique water obstacle challenges kids and adults alike to balance on floating logs and lily pads and hold on to hanging nets as they try to get across the pool.
- Crooked Creek – Winding lazy river.
- Cub Paw Pool – Zero-depth entry children’s pool with water fountain features and spray-and-play adventures.
- Raccoon Lagoon® – Zero-depth entry pool extends the water park fun outdoors.
- Wolf Rider Wipeout – Double indoor surf simulator with ocean-like waves that reach five feet; perfect for knee-boarding and surfing.
You may think, water park? Aren't we in a drought?! How can we even consider adding another water consuming theme park when there are wells drying up in Northern California? Project Green Wolf can answer those questions.
Project Green Wolf:
- Dedicated to sustainability and water recycling
- Manages Fresh Water Resources
- Did you know that the water park uses less water than an Olympic size pool?
- Recirculates most of the water in the resort
- Waterless urinals
- Low-flow showers, toilets and faucets
- Guest linen recycling
- The best filtration systems in the world
- uses 80-90% less water than traditional filters
- Because the filter is so good, less chlorine is used so it is healthier for the patrons and the environment.
- The landscaping is all drought resistant and requires little water
- All appliances are energy saving
- All cleaning supplies are biodegradable
- Character Appearances – Daily appearances with Wiley® the Wolf and Violet® the Wolf.Story Time – The entire family gathers in the Grand Lobby each evening to hear a story about the Great Wolf Kids characters before bedtime.
- Wolf Walk™ – Learn about the many animals and wildlife living in the Northwoods, and make an origami wolf to take home.
- MagiQuest® – Battle dragons, befriend a pixie and wave a magic wand in this live-action adventure game throughout the resort. The games features three unique chapters, each with their own challenges and quests.
- The Great Wolf Kids® Program – Daily activities for kids that take place around the resort, including dance parties, face painting and games such as Wiley bingo, character floor memory and character trivia.
- Howly Wood® XD Theater – This motion thrill ride transports riders directly into the movie action with every effect amplified creating an unforgettable experience.
- Howl at the Moon™ Mini Golf – 9-hole themed indoor miniature golf course.
- Northern Lights™ Arcade – More than 100 interactive video and redemption games that allow guests to redeem points for prizes.
- Scooops® Kid Spa – A unique spa created just for kids complete with ice cream-themed manicures, pedicures and more. Each service also includes a real ice cream treat.
- Ten Paw Alley™ – Family-style bowling with pint-sized bowling balls.
- Clubhouse Crew – Interactive scavenger hunt through the resort starring the Great Wolf Kids characters. Perfect experience for the resort’s youngest guests.
- Lazer Frenzy – Exciting arcade-style game with the latest in touch and LED technology. Players can see who is fastest as they dart between the “laser beams.”
- Lodge Wood Fired Grill® – Full service a la carte restaurant open for lunch and dinner with delectable shareables and unique signature items to create the perfect place to eat.
- Hungry as a Wolf® – Family meals on the go for lunch and dinner featuring fresh made pizza, sandwiches, salads and pasta.
- Bear Paw Sweets & Eats™ – Confectionary that offers a variety of treats, such as fresh-baked pastries, ice cream, lodge-made fudge and more.
- Buckets Incredible Craveables® – Located inside the water park, the casual menu offers burgers, hot dogs, French fries, cold beverages, ice cream and more.
- Loose Moose Family Kitchen – Open for breakfast and dinner, this buffet style restaurant has options for the entire family.
- Grizzly Jack’s Bar and Grill – Located by the outdoor water park and with a variety of food and drinks to choose from, this is the place to refuel for more fun in the sun.
- Dunkin’ Donuts® – America’s favorite all-day stop for coffee and baked goods, right in the resort.
- Buckhorn Exchange™ Gift Shop – Remember a Great Wolf Lodge adventure by taking home the perfect souvenir.
- Bear Essentials™ Swim Shop – From flip flops to swimwear, Bear Essentials has it all and is conveniently located in the water park.
- Great Wolf Kids® Store – Find a Great Wolf Kids character on an assortment of apparel, toys, drinkware and more.
- Featuring over 20,000 sq. feet of meeting and banquet space with 12 separate and configurable meeting rooms.
- Month-Long Seasonal Events
- Howl-O-Ween™ – October
- Family-friendly Halloween celebration all month long featuring
- Trick-or-Treat Trail
- Spooktacular Story Time
- Daily Costume Parade
- Monster Bash Dance Party
- Snowland® – December The resort is transformed into a winter wonderland complete with:
- Daily snow showers in the Grand Lobby
- Special appearances by Santa Claus
- Dine in the life-size Gingerbread House
- North Pole University
GREAT WOLF LODGE- Garden Grove, CA
12681 Harbor Blvd. | Garden Grove, CA 92840
Reservations: greatwolf.com/southerncalifornia | 888.960.9653
Post a Comment
I love hearing from you! If there is something you like or don't like, please let us know but please keep it clean. There are young people here that love to read your comments too.