CELEBRATE THE QUEEN MARY'S 80TH ANNIVERSARY
Everyone is Invited to Join the Sept. 26 Celebration
The world's most beloved ocean liner turns 80 on September 26 and the public is invited to join a ship-wide celebration. The Queen Mary will open her gangways and ballrooms, decks and salons, attractions and eateries to a daylong celebration highlighted by a very special event.
- There will be no charge for admission to the ship (10:00 AM - 7:00 PM)
- Discounted parking
- Discounted ship tours and attractions.
A BIRTHDAY CAKE LIKE NO OTHER:
Following remarks by attending dignitaries, Commodore Everette Hoard will read the Royal Letters. He then will then officiate the ceremonial cutting of the Queen Mary's 80th Anniversary Cake.
• 4:00 PM - Grand Ballroom Opens to Public
• 4:15 PM - Welcome Remarks by Commodore Everette Hoard
• Remarks by Mayor of Long Beach, Robert Garcia
• Presentation of Queen Mary Video by Chris Wilmoth, Director of Marketing
• Remarks by John Jenkins, Queen Mary General Manager
• Commemoration of 80th Anniversary / Announcement of Queen Mary Initiative
• Presentation of Queen Mary Cake by Baker, Jose Barajas
• Cutting of First Slice by Mayor Garcia, Jenkins and Hoard
• Concluding Remarks by John Jenkins
• Invitation to attending public to share a slice of history.