From August 20-24, 2014, the Port of Los Angeles will be just one of three west coast ports bestowed with the honor of welcoming these beautiful vessels to their shores, affording visitors the rare chance to catch a glimpse, step aboard, and even set sail on some of the grandest ships of yore. In addition, the historic Battleship Iowa and the Victory Ship, S.S. Lane Victory will also be open for tours with your ticket.
- Tickets available at TallShipsFestivalLA.com. TicketFly.com or at 877-4FLY-TIX
- Five full days - August 20 - 24, 2014
There is a special surprise this year! What is 105 feet tall, yellow and needs a big bathtub? The worlds largest Rubber Duck!
- A Multi-Day On Board Ship Tour Pass is available for $19. The pass provides five-day access to the festival grounds, on board ship tours and countless activities.
- In addition to onboard tours, Tall Ships® Festival LA will offer the opportunity for visitors to sail on the Pacific Ocean aboard the Schooner Freda B, Schooner Curlew and several others. Each vessel will sail several times daily beginning Thursday, August 21, Cost for each ticket is $85.
- The Grand Parade of Sail which allows purchasers the opportunity to sail into the Port of Los Angeles past Angel’s Gate Lighthouse and into the LA Harbor aboard a Tall Ship for $150 as part of their grand entrance at the beginning of the event.
- A Single-Day Dockside Viewing Festival Pass is available for $7 and free to children 1-4 years old. This pass provides one-day access to dockside ship views and the festival grounds.
While getting up close and personal with Tall Ships® is likely good enough for most folks, this unique event offers up plenty more than just playing Master & Commander.
Education and children’s activities will also be a large part of the Tall Ships® L.A. Festival. Cannon demonstrations, authentic privateer encampment, real sword fighting with live steel, knot tying, weapon demonstrations and sail training with real tall ship rigging round out the impressive festival’s learning opportunities. Youth visitors can also try their hand at creating one-of-a-kind treasures and hand made creations with projects lead by the Port of Los Angeles’s own, Crafted.
Food: Of course a festival of this magnitude would not be complete without a large selection of fantastic fare. A bevy of local options will be on hand including L.A.’s regional food trucks, California wine tasting and for the beer lovers, San Pedro Brewing Company will provide a curated, full craft brew menu featuring the region’s best brewers. And sampling the regional eats is great because it will give visitors just enough energy to check out the other local, regional, and national crafters. These hand-made creations will feature a wide variety of crafts including maritime-themed artwork.
For more information please visit http://www.tallshipsfestivalla.com/.
Tall Ships® Festival LA 2014 takes place rain or shine. No ticket refunds or exchanges. Tickets are non-transferable. Your ticket does not guarantee access to all ships at all times. Prices include all applicable fees and taxes.