My family loves trying new foods, there is no hiding that fact, especially since my pants are getting a little snug even with my new running and exercise schedule. When we are looking for a new restaurant, we look for our healthiest choices while still tasting good. Heavy on the tasting good. Why would we want to waste calories on food that doesn't?
As you probably guessed it, Gaufree's is a Waffle House that brings waffles out of the traditional breakfast food and into your whole diet! From the Gaufree Waffle Hamburger and fried chicken to smoked salmon and desserts!
It all started 25 years ago with a simple goal, of a fast casual concept fits perfectly with our California lifestyle.
They strive for fast tasty fare with exceptional quality. They not only strive for excellence, they refuse to accept less. While their name is a bit more ecclectic it certainly will prove that GAUFRE or WAFFLE is a tasty fare and such novelty that it will explode in the coming years.
Some of the favorite things I learned about Gaufree's are:
- All food is local and fresh and organic, whenever possible
- All protein is free range, grass fed, as well as antibiotic and hormone free
- All the dressings and most of the condiments are made from scratch
- They have served McConnell's ice cream since 1949
- All the coffee is organic Moto coffee
- All of the wines are from Caliornia wineries
- The beer is Belgian, hand crafted beer
- All soft drinks are with no artificial ingredients or coloring
- They use recycled, reclaimed materials whenever possible
- The employees are treated with respect and are important pieces of the team
I must say they ate everything I placed in front of them.
We decided to try the Chicken and Waffles, Philly Cheese Steak and an Asian salad. The french fries were sprinkled with garlic and made with a garlic dipping sauce that was to die for!
|Gaufree's brings new meaning to "Chicken and Waffles"|
We really enjoyed the food although I wouldn't get the Asian Salad again with Kale. I would rather get it with spinach or mixed greens instead. It wasn't bad but the kale overpowered the rest of the salad and I would have rather tasted all the complexities of it.
|Peanut Butter Pie Waffle with Sea Salt Caramel|
|Brussels Street Waffle with Chocolate Sauce and Rasberry Coulis|