You don't have to be German to appreciate Oktoberfest but you might not have as much fun if you aren't! Every October I look for the local Oktoberfest festivals to enjoy a great German beer.
You might not associate families with beer but the Phoenix Club Oktoberfest incorporates family fun with adult food and refreshments. My children are big fans of the Bratwurst and pretzels.
- Live Oohm Pah bands direct form Germany
- Folk dance groups - Die Gemutlichen Schuhplattler, The Youth Dance Group (children age 3-18 performing traditional folk dances)
- “Skip the Balloon Man” and “Twist and Shout” variety acts.
- Our Shooting Gallery will be open for prize shooting on Saturdays and Sundays beginning Sept 21- Oct 27
- Free polka lessons for all ages every Saturday at 3:00 PM.
- German vendors selling everything from folk ware and souvenirs to gingerbread hearts.
Children are always welcome. Activities specifically for the children (everyday) include:
- A playground and a bounce house.
- Sunday is officially Family Day.
- Expanded activities for kids on Sundays also include:
- Choo-Choo rides or fire engine hay rides and face painting (Noon to 4:00pm)
- Pony rides are provided at the neighboring Rancho Del Rio Stables for $5.00 (October Sundays only)